- This event has passed.
2018 Summer Undergraduate Pipeline Research Symposium
Wednesday, July 25, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Fourth Annual Summer Undergraduate Pipeline Research Symposium
Help celebrate the research accomplishments of our summer undergraduate scholars!
*2018 SUP Research Symposium Awardees*
All UNC faculty, staff, students and administrators are invited to attend.
The 2018 Summer Undergraduate Pipeline (SUP) Research Symposium will provide an opportunity for undergraduate students engaging in research under the direction of UNC Chapel Hill faculty to present their research to a broad audience of faculty, staff, students from across campus and the general public.
This Symposium will provide opportunities for oral and poster presentations, awards (gift cards) will be given to the top poster and oral presenters.
PRESENTATIONS: Poster and oral presentations will be held concurrently due to the large number of participants.
- Two sessions of 1 hour each, presenters will only present during 1 session and will be notified in advance what session that will be.
- Poster MUST be brought to the George Watts Hill Alumni Center the afternoon before the Symposium: Tuesday, July 24th between 4-6pm, we request your poster be in a poster tube.
- Posters must be printed no larger than 36”x48” (landscape)
- Those chosen for orals will be notified regarding upload and submission guidelines
- To be a maximum of 12 minutes with 5 minutes provided for Q&A
For guidance and tips on creating and presenting research, check out our online resources.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: Presenters MUST complete an online ABSTRACT SUBMISSION (opens July 5th), which will consist of the following:
- Your contact information
- Abstract title and full abstract (no more than 250 words-NOTE the abstract book template will cut at 250 & we will NOT edit on your behalf, uploaded in a .doc or .docx format
- Research mentor(s) information
NOTE: You will NOT be able to return to the submission page at a later date, so you MUST provide all information at one time. All abstracts MUST be approved by your faculty research mentor prior to submission. Abstracts will NOT be proofread for accuracy, rather they will be published in all media as submitted.
DEADLINE: Submission will close on July 16th at 12:00pm
8:30am-9:30am – Presenter / Judge check-in & Breakfast
9:30am-10:30am – Poster & Oral Presentations: Session 1
10:30am-11:00am – Break
11:00am-12:00pm – Poster & Oral Presentations: Session 2
12:15pm – Closing & Awards Ceremony (Alumni Hall I)
12:45pm – Poster break down