- This event has passed.
2019 Summer Undergraduate Pipeline Research Symposium
Wednesday, July 24, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
This summer’s symposium will feature over 120 undergraduate scholars from 14 research programs!
WHEN: Wednesday, July 24th, 9:30am-12:30pm
All UNC faculty, staff, students and administrators are invited to attend.
The 2019 Summer Undergraduate Pipeline (SUP) Research Symposium will provide an opportunity for undergraduate students engaging in research under the direction of UNC-Chapel Hill faculty to present their research to a broad audience of faculty, staff, students from across campus and the general public.
This Symposium will provide opportunities for oral and poster presentations, awards (gift cards) will be given to the top poster and oral presenters.
AGENDA: Please see symposium schedule specific student participant / summer program presentation information
8:30-9:30am – Presenter / Judge check-in & Breakfast
Session 1:will run concurrently
- 9:30-10:30am – Poster Presentations
- 9:30-10:45am – Oral Presentations
10:30/45-11:00am – Break
Session 2: will run concurrently
- 11:00am-12:00pm – Poster & Oral Presentations
12:15pm – Closing Ceremony (Alumni Hall I)
- Dr. Noelle Romero, CSS Program Coordinator: Words of Wisdom
- Dr. Steven Matson, Dean of The Graduate School: Awards
12:45pm – Poster break down
INFORMATION FOR STUDENT PRESENTERS
PRESENTATIONS: Poster and oral presentations will be held concurrently due to the large number of participants.
- Two sessions of 1 hour each, presenters will only present during 1 session and will be notified in advance what session that will be.
- Poster MUST be brought to the George Watts Hill Alumni Center the afternoon before the Symposium: Tuesday, July 24th between 4:30-6pm, we request your poster be in a poster tube.
- Posters must be printed no larger than 36”x48” (landscape)
- Those chosen for orals will be notified regarding upload and submission guidelines
- To be a maximum of 12 minutes with 5 minutes provided for Q&A
For guidance and tips on creating and presenting research, check out our online resources.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION: Presenters MUST complete an online Abstract Submission (NOW CLOSED), which will consist of the following:
- Your contact information
- Abstract title and full abstract (no more than 225 words-NOTE the abstract book template will cut at 225 & we will NOT edit on your behalf)
- Research mentor(s) information
NOTE: You will NOT be able to return to the submission page at a later date, so you MUST provide all information at one time. All abstracts MUST be approved by your faculty research mentor prior to submission. Abstracts will NOT be proofread for accuracy, rather they will be published in the research book as submitted.