- This event has passed.
DSS Wellness: Stress & Resilience- Cumulative Stress & Body Memories
Tuesday, January 22, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Stress is your body’s way of responding to demands and/or threats whether real or imagined and can be both positive as well as negative. Stress can also accumulate over time and start to have a significant effect on health and wellbeing. When stress outweighs our resources, we find ourselves in a state of collapse. Resilience is the capacity to recover quickly from stress. As a whole, resilience is a factor that can deflect the state of collapse and is a marker for wellness. Graduate and professional students experience a unique set of stressors. This training will focus on the mitigating factors that compound stress for grad students and ways to manage them.
- Develop an understanding of the physiological changes that arise as a result of accumulated stress
- Learn about adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and how they impact stress
- Identify stress locations in their body and how they are connected to stress points stored in body memory
- Learn activities to identify triggers
- Learn ways to neutralize and manage triggers to increase overall wellness
Snacks will be provided.