Initiative for Minority Excellence (IME)
IME focuses on the retention and the successful graduation of our racially/ethnically diverse graduate students through creating a CommUNITY of Excellence.
How we build CommUNITY:
- ENGAGE: Building a cohesive and supportive network through programming opportunities & peer mentoring
- Programming Opportunities: Professional development seminars, recurring events & social activities
- EMPOWER: Bringing together student-led, affinity groups in a safe space for support & encouragement (see EVENTS for list of opportunities to engage)
- Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Grads
- Brotherhood of Success (BOS)
- La Familia
- Sisterhood of Empowerment in Academe (SEA)
- EQUIP: Providing resources that impact retention and time to degree
We welcome and encourage your involvement!