Diversity and Student Success and the Office of the Dean of Students provide numerous opportunities and resources for our military-affiliated graduate students (active duty, veterans, reservists, or National Guard) to aid in their academic success and to build community.
How We Create Student Success:
- Onboarding for new military-affiliated graduate students
- Professional and skills development workshops
- Community-building activities
- Opportunities for Green Zone training, which is conducted by the Office of the Dean of Students to educate faculty, staff of graduate students about the general military experience and can assist our military-affiliated students in their educational experience. Military-affiliated students are welcome to attend these trainings to share their valuable perspectives on being in the military.
- Subscribe to the Military-Affiliated Grad Students newsletter
- Carolina Veterans Resource Center
- Student Veterans Resources, Office of the Dean of Students
“I am so grateful for all the DSS programming—it has really provided me a space at UNC-Chapel Hill where I am comfortable and … makes Chapel Hill feel more like home.” —UNC-Chapel Hill graduate student