2021 SUP Research Symposium: Student Information
INFORMATION FOR STUDENT PRESENTERS
Presenters MUST complete an online abstract submission, which will consist of the following:
- Your contact information
- Abstract title and full abstract (no more than 225 words)
- Research mentor(s) information
You will NOT be able to return to the submission page at a later date, so you MUST provide all information at one time.
All abstracts MUST be approved by your faculty research mentor prior to submission.
Abstracts will NOT be proofread for accuracy; they will be published as submitted.
Oral presentations will be held concurrently using Zoom breakout rooms due to the large number of participants. This means 4-5 students will be presenting at the same time but in separate breakout rooms.
- Presenters must log on to Zoom 5 minutes prior to their designated time slot
- Presenters will be given a maximum of 15 minutes to present their research, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A from audience members
- We strongly encourage presenters to share their research via presentation slides (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Canva, etc.)
- The Symposium will be open to the entire UNC community and the general public. We encourage presenters to invite their family and friends!
For guidance and tips on creating and presenting research, check out our General Presentation Advice.
QUESTIONS: If you have questions about this process, please contact Allie Barton, DSS Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org