- This event has passed.
Global Grads: Communicating with Employers Part II Networking
Friday, November 1, 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Global Grads workshops focus on support for international graduate and professional students.
This two part session will allow you to gain knowledge and practice in communicating with employers for your job search.
Part I will focus on the interview
- about the types of interviews (phone, in-person, Skype) and how to prepare
- what are employers really asking
- how to use the STAR method to frame answers
Part II will focus on networking as a technique for meeting employers and conducting your job search. Participants will learn:
- advice from a successful graduate
- basic information on how to identify and build your network
- US/Western format for mingling
Register by October 25th. Lunch will be provided!
(Please note-These workshops repeat some of the content offered in 2018-2019, but allow for more practice)