- This event has passed.
(VIRTUAL) CGSF: Post-Graduation Personal Financial Planning
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
REGISTRATION is required. The Zoom link will be emailed to you the day of the webinar.
As a first-generation graduate student, ever wish you knew more about saving, investing, credit scores, budgeting, stocks, bonds, retirement plans, taxes and mortgages? Would you like to have a step-by-step road map to success with your money? Would you like to know the basic money management “rules of thumb”? Do you know how to make smart money decisions? What’s the most important thing you’re NOT learning at Chapel Hill? The overwhelming majority of students who graduate have the education, experience and drive to succeed in life, but lack the critical knowledge about how to manage their money. This webinar offers you the opportunity to learn real-life lessons from career investment and financial planning professionals.
After this webinar, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of what it takes to be financially successful, and how being in a positive financial condition makes your life better
- Learn step-by-step action items for improving your financial condition
- Learn important rules of thumb for financial success
- Have a better understanding of technology-driven budgeting, and examples of apps
- Know more about credit scores: what they are, why they are important and how I can improve mine
- Hear about retirement plans and investments
Richard Blankenship, CFA
J.B. Fox, CFA, CFP®
Richard and JB are practitioners in the areas of investment management, financial advisory and financial planning. They have volunteered at UNC for over 15 years in hosting workshops to a broad variety of undergraduate, graduate, professional students, and faculty and staff on a variety of financial and investment-related topics.