- This event has passed.
Virtual Global Grads-Communicating with Future Employers Part 1: The Interview
Friday, September 11, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Global Grads workshops focus on support for international graduate and professional students. This three part session will allow you to gain knowledge and practice in communicating with potential employers. Part I will focus on different types of interviews and how to prepare answers using the STAR method. Part II will focus on professional interactions at career fairs. Part III will focus on networking in more social situations in professional environments.
Part I will focus on the interview
- about the types of interviews (phone, in-person, Skype) and how to prepare
- what employers are really asking
- how to use the STAR method to frame answers
Part II will focus on interacting with potential employers in career fair settings. Participants will learn:
- techniques for identifying potential employers
- US/Western conventions for career fair interactions
- Strategies for crafting and delivering their “elevator pitch”
Part III will focus on networking as a technique for building relationships in social encounters within professional environments. Participants will learn:
- advice from a successful graduate
- US/Western format for mingling
- basic information on how to identify and build your network
The Zoom link will be shared with registrants the day of the event.